This month's Desert Aquarist Society meeting will FINALLY feature our annual Home Show. This is the time to showcase your favorite aquarium. We don't actually visit everyone's home, as that would take way too long. The Home Show utilizes photographs of your tanks, but only one image per tank. We will have three different main categories: Freshwater Aquariums, Salt Water Aquariums and the third category will be the combination of Vivariums, Terrariums, and Paludariums. This gives us all a chance to see everyone else's tanks. If you're a member and haven't submitted a picture yet, please shoot me a message for more info. Rules will be posted below.
Please Remember that Club Dues are due at the January Meeting! Single Adult Membership $15
Family Membership (Adults, children optional) $20
Student Membership (age 8-17) $10
Membership forms will be emailed out the week before the meeting. Please fill out & print your membership form prior to the meeting. We will have extra forms available but this will take extra time to pay.
Rules of the Desert Aquarist Society's Home Show
1. Must be a member to enter the Home Show. Anyone present can vote.
2. Entries will fit into three main categories:Freshwater Aquariums, Saltwater Aquariums and the third category will be the combination of Vivariums, Terrariums, and Paludariums. THe Freshwater category will be split into two separate categories based on tank size, Freshwater less than 30 gallons, and Freshwater greater than 30 gallons
3. Max of two entries per category per member, BUT only one image per tank.
4. Images must be mailed to the club email: [email protected]
No later than November 25, 2018. Please include the category of each image
5. Images received after this will be added to a post-voting slide show so we can still see your tanks but they will not be entered into the Home Show for prizes.
6. Voting will take place prior to members describing their tanks to the rest of the club.
7. You MUST be present at the meeting to win!
As always we will have our auction and fixed price sales table! If you'd like to bring items to sell, please limit the quantity to ten items for each the auction and sales. Auction items and the forms need to be submitted by 1:50PM in order to allow us time to get organized prior to the meeting beginning.
Please feel free to arrive as early as 1:30 to socialize with other members and fellow aquarium enthusiasts! The meeting will begin promptly at 2:00PM Desert Aquarist Society meetings are always open to the public and new hobbyists are always welcome!